Ladan Law Blog

  • Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Login
    Login Login form

Why can't I just talk to the prosecutor myself? Do I really need an attorney?

Posted by on in Finding a Lawyer Tips / Info
Interviewer: If someone doesn't have an attorney, or they possibly talk to a prosecutor themselves, do they have a higher likelihood of making the case worse, or further incriminating themselves?

Ladan Law: Prosecutors will not talk to someone that is unrepresented unless it is an open court. That is for their protection as well as yours. The worse thing for a prosecutor would be to be accused of coercing or threatening somebody entering a plea, or doing something unethical behind closed doors with an unrepresented defendant.

In order to protect against allegations like that, they simply will not talk to you unless it is an open court on the record. With the case loads that the judges have, there is no way that somebody who's unrepresented, is going to get access to a prosecutor in open court to have any meaningful discussion. It's really vital to have somebody that does have access to the prosecutors to represent you.

Your attorney has three duties: Number one, analyze your case. Number two, put your best foot forward with the prosecutor and get your version and your background out there. Number three, be your advocate and your mouthpiece.
Last modified on

The Ladan Law Firm, P.A. have resolved thousands of criminal matters involving adult & juvenile cases. Our lawyers handle all criminal offenses, in state and federal court.

Orlando Office

Office (407) 487-2522
Fax (407) 657-1526
121 S. Orange Ave
Suite 1420
Orlando, Florida 32801
Orange County

Longwood Office

Office (407) 796-9179
Fax (407) 657-1526
1220 Commerce Park Dr.
Suite 207
Longwood, Florida 32779
Seminole County
By Appointment Only

Kissimmee Office

Office (407) 796-9563
Fax (407) 846-6549
808 Mabbette St
Kissimmee, Florida 34741
Osceola County

Contact Email