Criminal Defense Lawyer – The Ladan Law Firm, P.A.
If you are arrested for a crime, whether it’s a misdemeanor, felony, or a DUI charge, you need a skilled criminal defense attorney to defend you and protect your rights. Criminal defense is a complicated area of the law, and you need someone who is familiar with Florida’s laws and courts.
While you are entitled to represent yourself after a crime, the odds are against a favorable disposition of your case. Retaining a qualified lawyer is your best chance at getting the charges dropped or reduced. With experience in criminal law since 1998, and criminal defense since 2001, The Ladan Law Firm, P.A. can represent your interests from arrest to resolution.
- Misdemeanors & Felonies
- First Time Offenders
- Weapons Offenses
- Violent Crimes
- Criminal Defense FAQs
- Why Do You Need A Criminal Defense Attorney
Contact Us or call 407-487-2522 to find out how we can help with your case.
Experienced Defense Lawyers
If you have been arrested for a crime, you need proper representation. Criminal lawyers handle cases such as burglary, DOMV injunctions, domestic violence, sexual battery and rape, weapons and firearms charges, and lewd and lascivious behavior, just to name a few. Here is some additional information on a few common charges:
- Assault & Battery – The specific crime you are charged with may be assault, aggravated assault, battery, felony battery, or aggravated battery. Each has a slightly different definition as well as different punishments. Just by threatening someone, you can be charged with an assault. A good criminal defense attorney will explain to you the specifics of your case and can work to get your charge reduced if it is possible and in your best interest.
- Drugs – The laws on drug possession, distribution, and use are so complex in the state of Florida that the statues are 39 pages long. If you have been charged with a drug-related crime, take the time to sit down for a consultation to find out the potential punishments you face.
- DUI – If you are convicted of driving under the influence in Florida, you may face fines, jail time, community service hours, and a driver’s license suspension. What type of penalties you face will depend highly on how many past convictions you have and your level of blood alcohol at the time of arrest. But even if you failed a breathalyzer test, there are ways to work towards getting the charges dropped or reduced with the right criminal defense lawyer by your side.
One of the most important aspects of criminal defense is detailed attention to the components of the entire matter. A good attorney can address your concerns, reflect on the trajectory of your case, and negotiate with court officials—all at the same time. Assistance to you may take the form of these services:
- Accompanying you at arrest.
- Managing bail.
- Providing skilled representation in and out of court.
- Discussing your concerns, providing education on the criminal process.
- Providing an honest assessment of the facts of your case.
While grounds for arrest are categorized, the details of every arrest are different. Criminal defense lawyers use experience with the law and knowledge of the court system to determine possible defenses, for example:
- Proving you did not commit the crime.
- Pressing presumption of innocence until proven guilty.
- Impaired judgment / mitigating circumstances.
- Justification for commission of illegal act.
Criminal defense attorneys also work within the system by:
- Discussing facts and plea bargains with officers of the court.
- Creating solutions to meet the needs of clients and the government.
The Criminal Defense Process
When you are arrested in Florida, there are specific procedures as outlined by the law that must be followed. It may be weeks or months before you learn what is going on with your case. Unfortunately, by law, your attorney cannot guarantee any outcome, but they can provide you with potential strategies for your defense and explain the pros and cons of each one. The job of your Florida criminal lawyer is to arm you with the knowledge you need to make informed decisions about your case in order to work towards the best possible outcome.
Before going into a criminal trial, your attorney should explain the details of the crime you are being charged with as well as the penalties you may face as a result.
Orlando Police Department
If you are charged with a crime, you will be booked at the police department where the arresting officer is stationed. If you are arrested in the city, you will likely be taken to the OPD.
City Of Orlando Orlando Police Headquarters
100 South Hughey Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
Phone: (407) 246-2470
When it comes time, you will stand trial in a Florida State Circuit Court located closest to where the arrest took place. In the case of an Orlando crime, this will likely take place at the Orange County Courthouse.
Orange County Courthouse
425 N. Orange Ave., Suite 320
Orlando, FL 32802
Phone: (407) 836-2054
If your case goes to appeal, it will move to a District Court. In Orlando, this means your case will go to the Fifth District Court of Appeal.
Fifth District Court of Appeal
300 South Beach Street
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Phone: (386) 255-8600
Fax: (386) 947-1562
If you then appeal the ruling of the District Court, the case will go to the Florida Supreme Court, which is the state’s highest court.
Supreme Court of Florida
500 South Duval Street
Phone: (850) 488-0125
Being Questioned by the Police? Get Legal Representation Now.
Your need for defense begins before you are charged. Before speaking to police officers, get advice from an attorney. A good criminal defense lawyer will advise you of your rights and help protect you from your charges. Remember, you don’t have to talk to the police without a lawyer present, so protect yourself.
If you believe you are going to be arrested or are a person of interest in a case, contact The Ladan Law Firm, P.A.
We Also Serve The Following Areas:
I was at The Ladan Law Firm’s Baby DJ toy drive last night, and I have to say I was thoroughly impressed with the entire staff. They were all very fun people to talk to, and they really cared about the people that they have helped. I’m really grateful to get the opportunity to meet Amir Ladan and the rest of the team, and if I’m ever in need of an Orlando DUI lawyer, I’ll know who to call.
I have known Amir Ladan for several years. His integrity and desire to provide extremely personalized service has earned him a rank amongst only a few criminal defense attorneys in the greater Orlando area I would trust to handle my case. If you ever find yourself in need of an extremely knowledgeable criminal attorney, look no further. I highly recommend him.
Amir is a very experienced lawyer who knows what he is talking about. He will go above and beyond to make sure you get the best possible representation. I was referred to him by a family friend and I really felt like he genuinely cared about me, and my case.
Great lawyer, would highly recommend. Very prompt with responses, shows knowledge of the law, and really works to try to get the best results for you. Worth every penny. If you have a situation that needs to be taken care of you better hire this guy. He will get the job done.
The Ladan Law Firm was very helpful to me in obtaining a successful conclusion to my legal matters. I would recommend this attorney to anyone that finds themselves in need of legal representation.
Amir is a very knowledgable and passionate attorney. He and his incredibly helpful and gracious staff treated my case with the utmost care. Although I hope to never have to utilize his services again, he will be my first resource as well as recommendation for anyone else.
I was recently in need of the best quality attorney available, and was referred to The Ladan Law Firm. The entire staff was very knowledgeable and personable, and made me feel that I had made the best choice possible. Mr. Ladan took the time on more than one occasion to explain the process ahead, and ease my mind by answering in depth the many questions I had. I highly recommend The Ladan Law Firm!
Amir is the perfect balance of personal and professional. He answered all of my questions and made sure I fully understood the possible outcomes. I would recommend him to anyone.
5 stars won’t be enough to describe attorney Amir, very smart knowledgeable knows how to defend & fight. Surprised me with his strong personality and flexibility inside the court room. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for an attorney. Satisfaction guaranteed.