When Expunging or Sealing Your Record is Not an Option

Let’s say you had a domestic violence charge and you get a withhold of adjudication and six months’ probation, you still won’t get that charge sealed or expunged off your record. Expungements and sealments cannot be used for crimes of violence, trafficking any kind of controlled substances, and any kind of child abuse or sexual batteries.

That’s why when you are investigating this particular law, it is important to have an attorney. This is because there are all these little nuances that you’ve got to be aware of. If you try to do it on your own, you may be successful but you might not. You’ve got to understand what you’re able to do and you’re not able to do in order to ultimately, hopefully, get an order that is expunging or sealing your record.

Author: Amir Ladan
A former assistant state attorney for Orange/Osceola Counties, Amir has handled thousands of cases and dozens of trials, ranging from DUI and traffic offenses to murder, in both adult and juvenile court.

Thumbtack Logo  Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.

Free Case Review Button

Orlando Office

The Ladan Law Firm, P.A.
121 S Orange Ave #1420
Orlando, FL 32801
Phone: 407-487-2522
Fax: 407-657-1526

Kissimmee Office

The Ladan Law Firm, P.A.
808 West Mabbette Street Kissimmee, FL 34741
Phone: 407-796-9563

Longwood Office

The Ladan Law Firm, P.A.
1220 Commerce Park Dr., #207
Longwood, FL 32779
Phone: 407-796-9179

Call Today Skip to content