Is There Any Way I Can Go Back and Have My Adjudication Withheld So I Can Have My Record Sealed?

Never Say Never…

Unfortunately, it’s difficult if not impossible to go back two years and convert an adjudication of guilt to a withhold of adjudication. The general rules that apply to these matters allow you to withdraw your plea under certain circumstances within thirty (30) days from the date of the entry of your plea and sixty (60) days from the date of your sentencing to ask the court to modify it. Going back two years later is not likely to be well received. That said, I have seen it done where the court is willing to look the other way as it relates to the timing of the motion due to an unusual circumstance, so I’ve learned to never say never. It may be worth talking with a lawyer in the county where your case was addressed to see if they have any recommendations.

Author: Amir Ladan
A former assistant state attorney for Orange/Osceola Counties, Amir has handled thousands of cases and dozens of trials, ranging from DUI and traffic offenses to murder, in both adult and juvenile court.

Thumbtack Logo  Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.

Free Case Review Button

Orlando Office

The Ladan Law Firm, P.A.
121 S Orange Ave #1420
Orlando, FL 32801
Phone: 407-487-2522
Fax: 407-657-1526

Kissimmee Office

The Ladan Law Firm, P.A.
808 West Mabbette Street Kissimmee, FL 34741
Phone: 407-796-9563

Longwood Office

The Ladan Law Firm, P.A.
1220 Commerce Park Dr., #207
Longwood, FL 32779
Phone: 407-796-9179

Call Today Skip to content